As a member of our outsourced accounting team, you will be involved in supporting our clients with a full range of in-house accounting and bookkeeping functions, connecting with contacts on a regular basis. As part of this role, you may be responsible for several engagements at any given time, assisting clients on items such as:
- Recording transactions within established systems and procedures
- Processing payroll
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Performing monthly reconciliations
- Providing on-site training sessions and assistance
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Understand generally accepted accounting principles
- Identify and resolve problem areas or issues
- Understand and adhere to professional standards for CPAs
- Ability to work independently
- Receptive to training and feedback
- Ability to teach others, provide training on software or accounting procedure
Why work here?
- Lanigan Ryan has been growing every year since our founding, offering stability and ongoing (personalized) growth opportunities for our team members.
- Initiative is rewarded! If you have a new project idea that you believe would benefit the firm, we want to hear it.
- We take our bonding opportunities very seriously – from happy hours to firm-sponsored vacations to enviable locations, like beachfront Jamaican resorts and all-inclusive Cancun properties. It’s these deep connections among our team members that create unparalleled bonds and team spirit, both in the office, and outside of it, ensuring we can collaborate effectively to create amazing results for our clients.
- Our firm is team-first, which means that you can rely on your teammates (at all levels) for support in solving problems, learning new skills, and meeting deadlines. You don’t need to worry about outperforming the person across the hall. When you win, we all win.
- We love to learn and to share that knowledge – with each other and our clients. Asking and answering questions is encouraged.
- We know the importance of investing in our people – our firm supports your professional development through in-house leadership training, professional conferences, and firm reimbursements for professional organizational dues.
- We want excellence – and we’ll help each other achieve it. We don’t just churn out work; we make sure the work we complete is done correctly, following a best practice approach.
Learn more about working here on our careers page.