Work with professionals that understand the nonprofit industry
Our comprehensive approach to nonprofit organizational needs gives us experience that accounting firms providing only audit and tax services don’t have. We help our nonprofit clients establish accounting departments, strengthen internal controls, design and implement general ledger accounting systems, secure lines of credit, and prepare budgets and projections. We assist with the recruitment and selection of financial and accounting personnel for our clients, performing the CFO function as needed.
We understand the importance of governance – many Lanigan Ryan team members are board members, treasurers, and financial advisors of local nonprofits, granting our firm a well-informed view of what matters most to your target audiences.
Our nonprofit expertise centers around 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations, including those in the cultural, educational, grant-making, governmental, healthcare, membership, religious, and social services sub-sectors of the industry.
We help our Nonprofit clients with:
- Accounting personnel evaluation and training
- Accounting systems design, evaluation, and installation
- Audit preparation for outside auditors
- Audits, reviews, and compilations
- Board education and training
- Budgeting, cash management and reserve needs analysis
- Controllership function, including supervision of accounting staff
- Cost recovery
- Diversification of funding sources
- Governance assistance
- Grant compliance consulting and overhead analysis
- Growth and development consulting
- Investment and reserve policy review
- Joint ventures
- Non-qualified compensation plan assistance
- Preparation of policies, procedures and accounting manuals
- Preparation of tax exemption applications
- Public disclosures
- Retirement and profit-sharing plans
- Succession planning
- Tax services
- Uniform guidance requirements
A Custom-Tailored Outcome
A government contractor with a recently acquired 8a status came to Lanigan Ryan for assistance in navigating the complex world of federal regulations. With over 30 years of experience working in the GovCon industry, Lanigan Ryan was able to draw on a wealth of knowledge to help form a solution.