As a Senior Accountant, you will be involved in all areas of client service from attestation engagements to tax preparation and review. You will supervise staff accountants on engagements both in the office and on-site at client location, occasionally managing communication with client on-site and developing client relationships. You may be responsible for several engagements at any given time.
This role offers opportunity for advancement and a defined path to leadership. We offer competitive compensation and a unique benefits package.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Understand generally accepted auditing standards, common audit procedures, techniques, and the firm’s quality control standards
- Complete or review engagement programs for approval
- Prepare audit risk assessments for approval
- Prepare and/or review work papers, financial statements, including footnote disclosures
- Perform tax research, draw conclusions and document findings in written format
- Prepare complex tax projections and tax returns
- Review tax returns prepared by others
- Identify and resolve problem areas or issues
- Understand GAAP, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations
- Understand and adhere to professional standards for CPAs
- Perform technical research
- Demonstrate good, thorough review skills
- Plan, schedule and complete engagements independently
- Engagement process: Mastering prospect to client meetings
- Attend firm-sponsored, industry, community, and/or volunteer events
- Provide training and assistance to staff
Why work here?
- We understand that career paths are one size fits one size. Lanigan Ryan will work with you to build a career that is uniquely you – one that plays to your personal strengths and interests. We know that people excel where they are most engaged, so we recognize that what’s best for you is best for us too.
- Lanigan Ryan has been growing every year since our founding, offering stability and ongoing (personalized) growth opportunities for our team members.
- Initiative is rewarded! If you have a new project idea that you believe would benefit the firm, we want to hear it.
- We take our bonding opportunities very seriously – from happy hours to firm-sponsored vacations to enviable locations, like beachfront Jamaican resorts and all-inclusive Cancun properties. It’s these deep connections among our team members that create unparalleled bonds and team spirit, both in the office, and outside of it, ensuring we can collaborate effectively to create amazing results for our clients.
- Our firm is team-first, which means that you can rely on your teammates (at all levels) for support in solving problems, learning new skills, and meeting deadlines. You don’t need to worry about outperforming the person across the hall. When you win, we all win.
- We love to learn and to share that knowledge – with each other and our clients. Asking and answering questions is encouraged.
- We know the importance of investing in our people – our firm supports your professional development through in-house leadership training, professional conferences, and firm reimbursements for professional organizational dues.
- We want excellence – and we’ll help each other achieve it. We don’t just churn out work; we make sure the work we complete is done correctly, following a best practice approach.
Learn more about working here on our careers page.