Are you attracted to environments that provide endless opportunities for learning, for collaborative problem-solving, and projects that show you the “big picture”? Work that demands creative thinking, the interpretation of nuance, and beckons for an ever-changing approach?
Lanigan Ryan is looking for a technically savvy, open-minded individual with a drive to succeed, to join our growing Audit & Accounting team. As the manager, you will supervise staff, in-charge, and senior accountants on engagements, both in the office and on-site at client location, often managing communication with clients on-site and developing client relationships.
Do Quality Control reviews spark joy? We’re looking to train someone up to eventually oversee that process.
Bring your motivation, skills, and desire to learn, and the job will grow as you do. This role offers opportunity for advancement and a defined path to leadership.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Applied understanding of GAAP, GAAS, SSARS, and quality control standards
- Manage all aspects of client engagements: People, Process, Outcome
- Prepare/review audit risk assessments
- Prepare/review workpapers, financial statements, including footnote disclosures
- Understand the flow of workpapers
- Identify and resolve problem areas or issues
- Understand and adhere to professional standards for CPAs
- Perform technical research
- Demonstrate accurate review skills
- Plan, schedule, and complete engagements independently
- Attend firm-sponsored, industry, community, and/or volunteer events
- Provide training and assistance to staff
- Exhibit effective, results-based delegation and oversight skills