Are you attracted to environments that provide endless opportunities for learning, for collaborative problem-solving, and projects that show you the “big picture”? Work that demands creative thinking, the interpretation of nuance, and beckons for an ever-changing approach?
Lanigan Ryan is looking for a technically savvy, open-minded individual with a drive to succeed, to join our growing Audit & Accounting team. As the manager, you will supervise staff, in-charge, and senior accountants on engagements, both in the office and on-site at client location, often managing communication with clients on-site and developing client relationships.
Do Quality Control reviews spark joy? We’re looking to train someone up to eventually oversee that process.
Bring your motivation, skills, and desire to learn, and the job will grow as you do. This role offers opportunity for advancement and a defined path to leadership.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Applied understanding of GAAP, GAAS, SSARS, and quality control standards
- Manage all aspects of client engagements: People, Process, Outcome
- Prepare/review audit risk assessments
- Prepare/review workpapers, financial statements, including footnote disclosures
- Understand the flow of workpapers
- Identify and resolve problem areas or issues
- Understand and adhere to professional standards for CPAs
- Perform technical research
- Demonstrate accurate review skills
- Plan, schedule, and complete engagements independently
- Attend firm-sponsored, industry, community, and/or volunteer events
- Provide training and assistance to staff
- Exhibit effective, results-based delegation and oversight skills
Why work here?
- We understand that career paths are one size fits one size. Lanigan Ryan will work with you to build a career that is uniquely you – one that plays to your personal strengths and interests. We know that people excel where they are most engaged, so we recognize that what’s best for you is best for us too.
- Lanigan Ryan has been growing every year since our founding, offering stability and ongoing (personalized) growth opportunities for our team members.
- Initiative is rewarded! If you have a new project idea that you believe would benefit the firm, we want to hear it.
- We take our bonding opportunities very seriously – from happy hours to firm-sponsored vacations to enviable locations, like beachfront Jamaican resorts and all-inclusive Cancun properties. It’s these deep connections among our team members that create unparalleled bonds and team spirit, both in the office, and outside of it, ensuring we can collaborate effectively to create amazing results for our clients.
- Our firm is team-first, which means that you can rely on your teammates (at all levels) for support in solving problems, learning new skills, and meeting deadlines. You don’t need to worry about outperforming the person across the hall. When you win, we all win.
- We love to learn and to share that knowledge – with each other and our clients. Asking and answering questions is encouraged.
- We know the importance of investing in our people – our firm supports your professional development through in-house leadership training, professional conferences, and firm reimbursements for professional organizational dues.
- We want excellence – and we’ll help each other achieve it. We don’t just churn out work; we make sure the work we complete is done correctly, following a best practice approach.
Learn more about working here on our careers page.