Are you attracted to environments that provide endless opportunities for learning, for collaborative problem-solving, and projects that show you the “big picture”? Work that demands creative thinking, the interpretation of nuance, and beckons for an ever-changing approach?
Lanigan Ryan is looking for a technically savvy, open-minded individual with a drive to succeed, to join our growing Assurance Services team. As the manager, you will supervise staff, in-charge, and senior accountants on engagements, both in the office and on-site at client location, often managing communication with clients on-site and developing client relationships.
Bring your motivation, skills, and desire to learn, and the job will grow as you do. This role offers opportunity for advancement and a defined path to leadership.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Applied understanding of GAAP, GAAS, SSARS, and quality control standards
- Manage all aspects of client engagements: People, Process, Outcome
- Prepare/review audit risk assessments
- Prepare/review workpapers, financial statements, including footnote disclosures
- Understand the flow of workpapers
- Identify and resolve problem areas or issues
- Understand and adhere to professional standards for CPAs
- Perform technical research
- Demonstrate accurate review skills
- Plan, schedule, and complete engagements independently
- Attend firm-sponsored, industry, community, and/or volunteer events
- Provide training and assistance to staff
- Exhibit effective, results-based delegation and oversight skills