As a staff accountant, you will be involved in all areas of client service (including, but not limited to, financial statement work (audits, reviews, and compilations), corporate and individual tax planning and preparation, consulting, estate and succession planning, management advisory services, litigation support and accounting assistance) both in the office and on-site at client locations. You will work with various supervisors, on numerous clients, in different industries. The work involves extensive computer use on our Windows network with automated audit software, Microsoft Office applications, fixed asset depreciation, tax return preparation, income tax research, and income tax projection software packages. You may be responsible for several engagements at any given time.
This role offers opportunity for advancement and a defined path to leadership. We offer competitive compensation and a unique benefits package.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Prepare work paper documentation according to firm standards.
- Assume responsibility for preparation of financial statements and related notes
- Prepare basic individual and corporate tax returns.
- Familiarize yourself with current tax laws.
- Prepare for and take the CPA exam.
- Maintain level-appropriate knowledge of individual practice area.
- Apply knowledge to client problems.
- Understand assignments and follow instructions.
- Perform accurate, neat, clear and complete work; understand the importance of self-review.
- Master firm software and hardware.
- Prioritize work assignments and implement effective time management practice.
- Understand professional standards for CPAs-ethics, etc.