As a staff accountant, you will be involved in all areas of client service (including, but not limited to, financial statement work (audits, reviews, and compilations), corporate and individual tax planning and preparation, consulting, estate and succession planning, management advisory services, litigation support and accounting assistance) both in the office and on-site at client locations. You will work with various supervisors, on numerous clients, in different industries. The work involves extensive computer use on our Windows network with automated audit software, Microsoft Office applications, fixed asset depreciation, tax return preparation, income tax research, and income tax projection software packages. You may be responsible for several engagements at any given time.
This role offers opportunity for advancement and a defined path to leadership. We offer competitive compensation and a unique benefits package.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Prepare work paper documentation according to firm standards.
- Assume responsibility for preparation of financial statements and related notes
- Prepare basic individual and corporate tax returns.
- Familiarize yourself with current tax laws.
- Prepare for and take the CPA exam.
- Maintain level-appropriate knowledge of individual practice area.
- Apply knowledge to client problems.
- Understand assignments and follow instructions.
- Perform accurate, neat, clear and complete work; understand the importance of self-review.
- Master firm software and hardware.
- Prioritize work assignments and implement effective time management practice.
- Understand professional standards for CPAs-ethics, etc.
Why work here?
- We understand that career paths are one size fits one size. Lanigan Ryan will work with you to build a career that is uniquely you – one that plays to your personal strengths and interests. We know that people excel where they are most engaged, so we recognize that what’s best for you is best for us too.
- Lanigan Ryan has been growing every year since our founding, offering stability and ongoing (personalized) growth opportunities for our team members.
- Initiative is rewarded! If you have a new project idea that you believe would benefit the firm, we want to hear it.
- We take our bonding opportunities very seriously – from happy hours to firm-sponsored vacations to enviable locations, like beachfront Jamaican resorts and all-inclusive Cancun properties. It’s these deep connections among our team members that create unparalleled bonds and team spirit, both in the office, and outside of it, ensuring we can collaborate effectively to create amazing results for our clients.
- Our firm is team-first, which means that you can rely on your teammates (at all levels) for support in solving problems, learning new skills, and meeting deadlines. You don’t need to worry about outperforming the person across the hall. When you win, we all win.
- We love to learn and to share that knowledge – with each other and our clients. Asking and answering questions is encouraged.
- We know the importance of investing in our people – our firm supports your professional development through in-house leadership training, professional conferences, and firm reimbursements for professional organizational dues.
- We want excellence – and we’ll help each other achieve it. We don’t just churn out work; we make sure the work we complete is done correctly, following a best practice approach.
Learn more about working here on our careers page.