Our growing, collaborative and affable Tax Practice is looking for a Senior/Manager with Estate and Trust experience to enjoy the camaraderie and challenges of getting it right together.
While this position would require experience with fiduciary income tax returns, you would also be involved in the preparation of business and individual returns. You would be working directly with clients (backed by a team-effort) managing relationships particularly in situations that involve fiduciary assistance. You will supervise staff accountants on engagements, manage client communication, and develop client relationships.
The seniority of this position is variable based on a candidate’s level of experience. This role offers opportunity for advancement to highest level of leadership. We offer competitive compensation and a unique benefits package.
Here are a few competency expectations for this position:
- Possess broad tax knowledge with an expertise and passion for tax research on gift, estate, and fiduciary income tax issues. Ability to draw conclusions, and document findings in written format
- Review and prepare gift, estate, and fiduciary income tax returns – however, individual and business returns would also be managed.
- Review and prepare fiduciary accounting for estates and trusts
- Conduct tax planning for and consult with high net-worth clients for estate and trust needs
Why work here?
- We understand that career paths are one size fits one size. Lanigan Ryan will work with you to build a career that is uniquely you – one that plays to your personal strengths and interests. We know that people excel where they are most engaged, so we recognize that what’s best for you is best for us too.
- Lanigan Ryan has been growing every year since our founding, offering stability and ongoing (personalized) growth opportunities for our team members.
- Initiative is rewarded! If you have a new project idea that you believe would benefit the firm, we want to hear it.
- We take our bonding opportunities very seriously – from happy hours to firm-sponsored vacations to enviable locations, like beachfront Jamaican resorts and all-inclusive Cancun properties. It’s these deep connections among our team members that create unparalleled bonds and team spirit, both in the office, and outside of it, ensuring we can collaborate effectively to create amazing results for our clients.
- Our firm is team-first, which means that you can rely on your teammates (at all levels) for support in solving problems, learning new skills, and meeting deadlines. You don’t need to worry about outperforming the person across the hall. When you win, we all win.
- We love to learn and to share that knowledge – with each other and our clients. Asking and answering questions is encouraged.
- We know the importance of investing in our people – our firm supports your professional development through in-house leadership training, professional conferences, and firm reimbursements for professional organizational dues.
- We want excellence – and we’ll help each other achieve it. We don’t just churn out work; we make sure the work we complete is done correctly, following a best practice approach.
Learn more about working here on our careers page.